NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Problems with windows 8

Mickg

Hi everyone just joined tonight. Have just bought my first scope on sat Celestron NextStar 8 se typical sky full of cloud since. So I thought I would install the cd's that came with it. I cannot install he NeXRemote disc it will not run on windows 8 can anyone help .Then went on celestron web site and tried to download updates for motors and handset same problem has anyone else had similar problems . Thanks

Hello & welcome Mick :laugh:

I had the same problem with Widows 8 and the Nexremote software, I am not a PC geek but during the install you can select a different operating system version, I chose Vista from the dropdown menu  because I knew it worked on my old vista laptop. All installed ok and has worked ever since.

hi and welcome dont know if you know this but just go to your cd drive open the disc go to the install file and right click on it and then on the compatibility tab then select the os xp or vista or even win 7 then click on administrative rights then aply that should sort it it.

Looking on the web the software is not compatible with 64bit OS's, be that Vista, 7 or 8.  What version of windows 8 are you running ?

One possible option if your OS is 32bit is to run it in compatibility mode and select an earlier OS, or you could run a Virtual PC, but this would require you to have XP, vista or 7 operating system disks.

There is an option as Shuan stated, in that you can choose and test a previous version of OS in the installation process as per the link http://www.celestron.com/c3/support3/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=2644&nav=0

Archived