Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

WADAS (Wakefield and District Astronomical Society)

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

David,

take a picture of your focuser without an eyepiece in so I can see the size of the 2" eyepeice adaptor that screws in to the focus tube. I have a longer one going spare you can have if yours is fitted with the short version.

Nick

Just a final reminder that this thursday is our societies first Christmas meal. We're booked in to the Cinnamon Lounge in Horbury for 7.30pm, so might be an idea to get there just beforehand and we can have a drink first.
For those of you who have not yet let us know if you want to come, you are still more than welcome!!!
Just drop me an email/message so I can make sure our booking has enough seats by tomorrow evening.

If you are not sure where it is heres a map
https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=cinnamon+lounge+horbury&ll=53.66009,-1.574178&spn=0.006269,0.02105&fb=1&gl=uk&cid=17362386399539568435&t=m&z=16&iwloc=A

I hope to see you all Thursday evening

called lee at green witch said to use the 1 1/4inch side of the eyepieces ..defeats the point in having 2 inch eyepieces me thinks

heres the pic nick if it comes out 

hmmmmmmm

yep, thats the long adaptor. In my 12" dob i have the other issue, not enough in focus! So I had to buy a short 2" adaptor to get enough in focus with my 2" eps.

Dont understand what you mean by using the 1 1/4inch side of the eps, as the 1 1/4 adaptor sits in the 2" holder pretty much flush with the end of it and shouldnt make any real difference to the overall length of the focus tube.

Some eyepiece's have both the 2" and 1"1/4 on them like the Televues I have.

If so you are only viewing through the 1"1/4 to start with so make's no difference.

My sky watcher came with a 2" extension but also a 2"-1"1/4 that gave more out travel for the shorter focal lengths

Thanks for a great night guys! Luke is flat out, bless him. Time for a rather large Baileys night cap to finish off the evening. Appreciate the lift Damien - thank you. Hope you all have a fabulous Christmas. Might see if anyone is playing out tomorrow night at Winscarr if it is clear :)

Nick, if it's clear this evening I'd like to pop to Winscarr for a couple of hours just so I know where it is for future visits. Do you still have my number? Text me or post on here if you are going and what time. I can follow you there and I'll find my own way home. Fancy just taking the camera and the binoculars for an outing to check out the constellations and viewable Messier objects. Anyone else thinking of playing out tonight? :)

Archived