WADAS (Wakefield and District Astronomical Society)

Apologies Eric - the second trip back to the cricket club was an on the spot decision when we came out of the pub at 11pm and saw it was clear.

Does anyone have a report for weather at Winscar tonight, and is anyone else thinking of making a trip out, other than Adam?

I'm undecided what to do, as I was meant to be stopping in with the family, but don't want to miss out on a viewing session :)

I'll let you know vicky which night next week that I'm going to go to wyas. Wha y s good for you? I can do any of the three night but Tuesday and Wednesday I can't get there till about 7:45. It's open till 10 anyway. Maybe we could decide depending on if there's a clear forecast?

Anyone else from the club fancy coming along to do a bit of wadas promotion :) there a nice friendly bunch from what we saw last time there :)

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've never been camping at all so a check list would be good haha.

Although if I don't have a scope by then I probably won't come up.

Matt.

don't worry about buying a tent especially for this either, I have a spare still in wrapping Vango 2 person one you are welcome to borrow  if you wish (might even have a spare 3 person one as well)

Don't worry about the camping Eric, I'll send out a check list nearer the time. ;)

Might sleep in the car saves buying a tent for a one off got all the cooking gear

And a cool box for the beer

Neil

I think the cloud is going to roll in and as its a 40 minute journey to Winscar I'm stoping here sorry folks hope you have fun if you go

Mark

I'm doing the same mark. Getting kids to bed but I think I'm stopping local

I think the cloud is going to roll in and as its a 40 minute journey to Winscar I'm stoping here sorry folks hope you have fun if you go

Mark

same here, by the time I get sorted and van loaded and drive the 40 minutes from here cloud prob come in

it can get really cold in a car Neil they seem to absorb the cold.

Mark

its to do with the cold air building up underneath them, and the metal construction, if you are in a tent, you use a camping mat, that insulates you from the cold ground, and also there is no cold air underneath you

Just looked out and the clouds are coming in so they must be up at Winscar

Mark

Yea, it was clear in the east here but I could see the clouds coming in from the north. So I've stayed in tonight

Hey guys just got back was an absolutely crystal clear night until the cloud came oh that and some people looking for something and it was not astronomy.... :-/

yeha you get that at Winscarr, but they do tend not to bother us as we don't them

Archived