NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

WADAS (Wakefield and District Astronomical Society)

Might clear up later, prob enough to get the washing dried but not enough to do any astro stuff!

Tomorrow looking pretty much the same.

Don't forget our next meeting check out the flyer for details

post-22085-0-44166600-1430642215_thumb.j

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Many happy returns to Sam Baker. Hope the astro gods were good to you with pressies Sam ;)

Thank you Paul, the parents put towards a 0.9x coma corrector so when the weather decides to be nice I've got to check this out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the birthday wishes guys - I had a very messy night with lots of alcohol and felt like death for two days! Astro pressies, I got one as said above but I'm still trying to convince my dad to give me a present, but he's not playing ball! And I think I best wish Ryan a happy birthday - hope you have a good one and hope your new kit doesn't prolong the Rubbish weather we have forecast all week! I've come to the conclusion we don't buy equipment......we buy clouds lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah all those purchase pounds go into running the cloud machine! Stop buying kit now folks as it's now going to be September before we see a clear night! (could be just right for some)

Yeah all those purchase pounds go into running the cloud machine! Stop buying kit now folks as it's now going to be September before we see a clear night! (could be just right for some)

Just be right for the Monster Noblescope then... Summer is rubbish for night astro stuff anyway. ;)

I think I may have just prolonged the bout of bad weather lol! I've just treat myself to one of these for my birthday

http://www.365astronomy.com/ZWO-ASI120MC-S-USB3.0-Colour-1-3-CMOS-Camera-with-Autoguider-Port.html

Hope you're having a great birthday Ryan! Looks a nice little camera. You'll have to let us know how you get on with it. I've not had a play with my camera for a couple of months, since I did the Jupiter images in February. I'm hoping for some clear skies soon to have another bash at Jupiter, and maybe a go at Saturn :)

Just sat chilling in the conservatory, listening to the rain, having a beer and reading astronomy magazines.....

03.37am Soupy, do you ever go to bed? LOL

Happy Star Wars day everyone - May the 4th be with you all :D

Very little observing done last night - just managed a quick one of the moon using the DSLR but it was really bright!

post-39306-0-65180800-1430722994_thumb.j

just a shame the weather forecast is so cloudy. i might be camping in the penistone,langsett area this weekend and clear skies would be welcome please.

unless thats the reason for the cloud lol in my defense though the decision on the camping was taken after id already seen the cloudy forecast and wasnt astronomy based, thats my defense 

just a shame the weather forecast is so cloudy. i might be camping in the penistone,langsett area this weekend and clear skies would be welcome please.

unless thats the reason for the cloud lol in my defense though the decision on the camping was taken after id already seen the cloudy forecast and wasnt astronomy based, thats my defense

Like the tactics of trying to fool the weather into thinking it's nothing to do with astronomy ;-)

Yes, I wondered that after I had tranferred them onto my laptop this morning. It wasn't until I had zoomed in I realised it wasn't very sharp. I think I had it set on 1/500. If I get another opportunity this evening I'll set it faster. I think my camera goes to about 1/4000. Full moon this evening too :)

Archived