NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

The scopes go or I go......

laser_jock99

Get ready for argument round two  :grin:

His reply email read:

my family come first.

I can always rebuild my equipment at a later date. The stars will always be in the sky.

Cheers

Baz.

([removed word] whipped with balls in a jar, under the sink) - Poor man x.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello people, nice to see a thread in FULL SWING. I take it the clouds are out as you've time to post in here. Ha!! Ha!!. 

Don't you just love the human race, how they make assupmtions and judgements on others without knowing anything.

Thanks to those on this thread that have a little understanding, and to those who don't., are you going Cold Turkey from the SOAPS, that you need something to bitch about. LOL :)

To set the story straight, I do not really want to sell what I have spent ages trying to save for and build up. 

I do need to raise the money for personel reasons which I do not wish to disclose, no the miss's hasn't forced me to sell it.

I am making the ultimate sacrifice in selling this and proving to my other half how much her & my daughter mean.

To all those who wish to Flame me and have nothing better to do, feel free because theres somethings in life that are more important.

And as MC Hammer said YOU CAN'T TOUCH THIS. ( Misuse of CaPiTaLS. Ha!! Ha!! )

I wonder if there are any female astronomers out there who get grief from their husbands/boyfriends ?

Doubt it somehow.

Oh, there are. I've met several!! But the female astronomers tend to deal with the conflict bettet than the male...

Olly

Oh, there are. I've met several!! But the female astronomers tend to deal with the conflict bettet than the male...

Olly

Oh, I don't know, whenever the issue of too much kit is raised, there is no need to raise my voice. I just go to the shoe cupboard and start counting pairs of shoes (it tends to contain at most one pair of mine, the other 50+ are hers). Usually does the trick :D

Woman will never respect you for a massive sacrifice.

She just now knows, she can make you do anything for her.

That isn't Love, its manipulation and control.

I'm so glad i'm single because I would divorce her on the spot mate x.

And the two black eyes meant I have already told her NO, twice! (joke)

relationships are about give and take on both sides. 

Very true, but unless one is involved in the relationship it's rarely possible to understand what is really going on.  There are all sorts of people out there and it's surprising how many co-exist most happily in ways that one wouldn't personally countenance.  The causes of happiness and generally getting along with each other are usually therefore best served by keeping one's opinion about other peoples' relationships to oneself.  Doubly so if specifically asked for it.

(Not directed at you, Luke.  Merely an observation on life.)

James

Is is ICEMAN who is above you. He is here too.

As he said, he has other reasons to sell up stuff. It happens more often. It is always heart-wrenching to see people having to let kit that has given a lot of satisfaction and has taken years to accumulate go. Sometimes other things take priority. At the end of the day, it is "just a scope", and you have to get your priorities right. You can always admire the skies with the naked eye, (cheap) binoculars, or perhaps a fellow SGL-member's scope.

Hello people, nice to see a thread in FULL SWING. I take it the clouds are out as you've time to post in here. Ha!! Ha!!. 

Don't you just love the human race, how they make assupmtions and judgements on others without knowing anything.

Thanks to those on this thread that have a little understanding, and to those who don't., are you going Cold Turkey from the SOAPS, that you need something to bitch about. LOL :)

To set the story straight, I do not really want to sell what I have spent ages trying to save for and build up. 

I do need to raise the money for personel reasons which I do not wish to disclose, no the miss's hasn't forced me to sell it.

I am making the ultimate sacrifice in selling this and proving to my other half how much her & my daughter mean.

To all those who wish to Flame me and have nothing better to do, feel free because theres somethings in life that are more important.

And as MC Hammer said YOU CAN'T TOUCH THIS. ( Misuse of CaPiTaLS. Ha!! Ha!! )

Sorry to hear circumstances require you to sell your kit. Hope things work out well in the end, and I hope circumstances will allow you to get back into this hobby soon.

I'm starting to think this is turning into an agony aunt thread.

One thing is this.. It is totally out of place and disrespectful to comment on a fellow Astronomers personal life, who we have never met but know.

I hope Iceman knows these are just our jokes and I for one, really don't want to judge him or his reasons.

So, respect bruv, but this is very discussable what your doing. No offense is meant but it HAS opened a can of worms.

Clear Skies x.

My apologies to ICEMAN. I missed his above post and assumed by the e-bay advert that the seller was being forced to sell due to relationship issues. I certainly wasn't "flaming" him. I just said that his pics looked familiar and agreed with Moonshane about "give and take".

Anyone got a ladder (so i can get myself out of this hole).

:embarassed:

I think it is pretty human to make assumptions and I certainly jumped to the wrong one for which I am sorry. I hope the reasons to sell sort themselves out whatever they may be and that you get a fair price. I stand by my original comment though which i hope you agree was probably fair albeit wrong in this case.

in all honesty there are lots of threads about kit for sale on SGL, sometimes by people that seem to be misguided in either what they are selling or trying to sell something for a lot more than it is worth and people do sometimes go overboard which we try to moderate.

I should stress that I am not including this sale in the above category. people can sell for what they feel gear is worth at the end of the day and market forces govern what it is truly worth.

I'm not offended by anyones comments at all, we all make judgements and assumptions its called Human Nature. Let he who has no Sin cast the first stone. Well I won't be throwing any, nevermind the first one. Ha!! Ha!!

I know a couple of people said my setup wasn't worth much, but to me its worth every penny. You don't know how much Sweat & Blood its taken me to aquire all that. And thats something you can't put a price on.

What a way to be introduced to the community, I'm sure my name will be known around here now, at least till theres something more intresting to chat about.  :grin:

Chances are if it doesn't sell, I have lost nothing. The sacrifice was still there.  :wink:

I'm not offended by anyones comments at all, we all make judgements and assumptions its called Human Nature. Let he who has no Sin cast the first stone. Well I won't be throwing any, nevermind the first one. Ha!! Ha!!

I know a couple of people said my setup wasn't worth much, but to me its worth every penny. You don't know how much Sweat & Blood its taken me to aquire all that. And thats something you can't put a price on.

What a way to be introduced to the community, I'm sure my name will be known around here now, at least till theres something more intresting to chat about.  :grin:

Chances are if it doesn't sell, I have lost nothing. The sacrifice was still there.  :wink:

I reckon you have cleverly priced it as a bundle knowing it won't sell.

You wise monkey you. It least you tried to sell it :lipsrsealed:  whohahaa!

The thing that strikes me about the listing is that it says most items are still under warranty, that must have been some outlay!  Even if that's not the main scope or NEQ6, the rest of it must have put a dent in the bank account.

Archived