NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Hello world

Gumph242

Hi everyone, thought i had best drop an official welcome post in here.

My name is Guy and although originally from sunny manchester, i now live in the wilds of derbyshire at my very own dark site.

I am getting into astronomy but am torn between going visual or imaging, i would really like to produce some of the high class photos that i have seen on here, but the cost of AP seems to be at least double that of starting out in visual. Damn those heq5 mounts!

Here's to clear skies!

G

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

Hi Ken, as chance might have it a very old friend of mine is from Peterlee. Always used to enjoy driving past shotton 'international' airport on the way to his ;)

Being in the sticks is what has prompted me to get into astronomy, some of the views you get here are amazing with just the naked eye, can't wait to see what they are like with a scope

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

Hi Guy, as a new member to the forums and astronomy myself I went down the visual path to start with. I did this as I wasn't 100% if I would even like astronomy but have now fell in love with just viewing the moon. Although I have no idea at the moment what I am really doing I intend to go down the photography road myself in the future. I have been advised by my cousin who is into deep space photography that you can get good pictures just by using a modded webcam.

Daz.

Welcome to SGL - If you are even thinking about astrophotography, can I suggest a modest spend of £20 on the book 'Making Every Photon Count' that you can get on the FLO website in the book section. Something of an imagers bible it will really help you decide on what kit you need and how to proceed.

Look forward to seeing you around :smiley:

Archived