Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

NGC7000 and the Cygnus Wall Two Ways

dave_galera

Hi All,

Not been on the forum for what seems like ages, I think its been about 12 monthsish, but have been changing my workflow from AstroArt to PixInsight and it took a lot longer that I thought it would, plus I have trying to retire.....finally done it!!

These are the first results of the new workflow using PI and Photoshop (which I still use for final tweaking of the image).

Tak FSQ85 at 323mm @ f3.8
Ha 30 600s
OIII 30 x 600s
SII 36 x 600s
Total integration time 16 hours

Image processed in two ways bi-colour and tri-colour, thanks for looking.

Dave

HST Palette

post-12917-0-81320800-1380046051_thumb.j

HOO Palette

post-12917-0-94789600-1380046083_thumb.j

Hey Dave, these are stunning. The Hubble rarely appeals to me. I can't cope with turqoise or green in AP, but here you've avoided them, and not a magenta fringed star to be seen.

As above, this is seeing it done properly.

The fine resolution is astounding, too.

Congratulations on these.

Olly

Thanks  Steve, John, Carl and Olly, your comments are very much appreciated.

Olly, I agree with you I don't like magenta stars either and it has taken a bit of playing around with to get a technique that works for me, and green is a BIG BIG no-no.

The problem I still have is probably 'over processing' by over sharpening and increasing contrast/stretching with curves to much, but this is a throw-back to the days of trying to get sharp gritty Black & White images in photography for the past 'n' years.

I am slowly beginning to tone the grittyness down a bit, but I am having to force myself.

Thanks very much again guys!!

Dave

Archived