NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

OOUK VX10 on its way

Just had word with OOUK & the telescope has been shipped,with a 3 day or so time frame.OOUK have been great to deal with,they provide excellent communication with the customer(me) and they are ahead of schedule in completion/shipment.I will provide a review here when it arrives.

Update: I just talked to OOUK & its already in Philadelphia!Here very soon :grin:

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I must admit my 10"OO is a great scope, oo optics are first class. clear skies.....

Ditto my 12" F/5.3. Superb optics and, when conditions allow, fantastic planetary and lunar views :grin:

An equatorial platform is a great boon too :smiley:  

Cracking choice of scope you've made there. Did you upgrade the optic to 1/8th or 1/10th wave ???

I'm seriously considering the 10" f6.3. Looking forward to your "first light" post.

Hi Eddie,thanks for the compliment on telescope choice.I did upgrade to the 1/8 wave and I hope that my sky conditions allow the mirror qualities to "shine" through!I also considered the 10" F6.3 & the 12" F5.3,but after measuring my truck and thinking of some other considerations I went with the F4.8.I like the look of the 8" F4.5 too-that would be a neat scope too-wide FOV,extremely portable for a Dob......I was just like a kid in the candy store! :grin: I also ordered the 10:1 focuser option.First light coming soon!

Ditto my 12" F/5.3. Superb optics and, when conditions allow, fantastic planetary and lunar views :grin:

An equatorial platform is a great boon too :smiley:  

Hi John,the ease to which an EQ platform can be used is a big plus for the VX's(I noticed you may have one?!),this consideration was in the back of my mind, as I may try imaging with the 90mm & might have an EQ6 or similar someday here to play with! :laugh: I realize other Dob scope brands are "EQ"ed,but I do love the look of OOUK's ring system.

Interesting story the shipping....in Philadelphia,Pa, to Louisville, KY, to Minneapolis,Mn,(300 miles from me) to Winnipeg,MB(240 miles), to Kenora On(140 miles from me),where it sits & missed its connection to here.Now here is the story,I was just in Winnipeg for a couple of days & it was there!And then I just drove right by Kenora(about 3hrs ago) and once again the VX10 sits!I called UPS & they apologized for the missed connection....and said it SHOULD be here tomorrow (scheduled for Monday @ latest).I should have brought my laptop to track the pkg & could have picked it up yesterday,possibly.The original tracking info gave today as delivery date,with Monday being the rescheduled date.So I'm checking tomorrow......wish me luck! :smiley:

I finally got some time to take some pics....I was charged duty @ 4.5% & just called Customs & got confirmation that there is no duty from UK,but the Broker charged it.So calling them first to see about a refund or Customs says they have a form -faster though if Broker refunds it.All this takes time.....but it;s my $100.00!This is one nice telescope if I do say so myself.I tried the focuser movement & it seems very smooth,we will see when I get it set up,but judging from this brief try I anticipate no issues.Here is my new toy & a pic of the dark site trail...

Nice one, Gerry,

I am pretty sure you will not be disappointed with it.

The f4.8 will probably be a bit more forgiving than my f4 and I think the Dob mount OO make is really nice.

Good luck and let's hope for clear skies.

Gordon.

Archived