NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Hey

AlanThorpe

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome to the forum Alan. Hope you have a good time here. I am sure you will pick up a lot of information. If you are new to astronomy, make sure to download Stellarium, that is free and easy to use. 

Thanks very much!! I am new to astonomy, so I'll take a look at Stellarium as you suggest, thanks a lot! There's a lot of information here that will help me a lot!

• 1 month later...

Thanks very much for the welcomes!! A few nice clear nights lately, happy days/nights. Only seen Andromeda so far, trying to find more fuzzy stuff, but failing miserably! 

Had great views of Jupiter and moons lately and Orion Nebula looked unreal with 8" compared to my old scope, so all good so far! Hoping to try a bit of photography next!

Great forum, plenty of help here!

Hi Alan,

Warm welcome to SGL, another vote for stellarium to be found here :--  http://www.stellarium.org/  . A couple of books that may be of interest are 'turn left at orion' and 'sky&telescope pocket star atlas' these will help guide you round the sky.

Thanks very much! Ah great, cheers for that, I recently bought the Atlas, it's great and Turn Left is a good one too, both are getting plenty of reading! 

Archived