Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

me and my NAN

Daniel-K

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

really nice glad you got your flats sorted

Hey andy i used the setting in BYE and it worked a treat :D i have you to thank. i cant believe i have never added flats and bias before what a difference it makes and how much better you can stretch an image

had a go at the NAN tonight and first time using flats and bias. pretty pleased with this but i need to learn how to sharpen my images a bit.

ED80

canon 450d modded

iso800

120 sec subs unguided total 2 hrs

Dan

That is very nice dan, if the weather clears you should try and add more data to it.

A.G

done a few tweaks this morning as it was early hours when i was processing this this morning feel like the sky has darkened a bit better but im still struggling trying to figure out how to remove the stars and just work the nebula :icon_scratch: got some halos due to some thin cloud as well

post-6284-0-09775700-1379238816_thumb.pn

Lovely shot that. Nice and smooth, great star colour and sharpness.

I think the overall colour looks maybe a touch blue and you could lift the red nebulosity by shifting the cyan slider to the left using selective colour in PS.

Really very nice indeed :)

very nice have you tried removing stars in ps so you can work on the back ground. Select stars and use dust and scratches to remove the stars leaving the back ground to work on or you can use a reversed layer and work on that instead. Try this method works quite well..

http://starizona.com/acb/ccd/procadvsuper.aspx

Thanks QM i was trying to find that for ages and couldn't remember were i had seen it, going to give it a go tonight hopefully add a new trick to the bag. :D

I keep all these top tutorial tips in a great big image processing note book so I never forget them, I have a terrible short term memory because of my dyslexia and keeping a note book is a must. Can't wait to see how it comes out :D

cloud cloud go away come again another day

I think the halos come from when you select the stars and expand and feather try creating a curves adjustment layer and alter the contrast on the star layer only. I will try and find the tutorial for this.

cloud cloud go away come again another day

thanks QM i had a feeling it was this but couldnt figure out how to stop it

Super result.

Never never never sharpen your image!

Only ever sharpen selected parts of your image.

Don't sharpen stars, or hardly at all. Don't sharpen regions of low signal because they will just explode into noise.

Similarly, don't ever noise reduce your images. Only ever noise reduce the fainter signal.

You need to master all the selection tools to follow this advice. Colour select is very useful. Learn how to make a star selection (Select Inverse will then exclude them from anything you do.) There's a Martin B tutorial on here or you could buy Noels Actions from the Prodigital website. That has a star selector whcih saves time. Use layers constantly, erasing from the top layer things that you modified on the bottom layer but only want to apply selectively.

Olly

Archived