NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

hello from india

cosmosboy

hi guys , we all share a common interest i.e love for the heaven above us . that's why i am here . i do not own a telescope , but i had a celestron upclose 10x50 bino ( not so good quality as i ordered online ) and recently i got a celestron skymaster 15x70 .

currently it is monsoon season in india , so clear skies are a rarity , but still , last night i detected neptune as a tiny dot white light by my 15x70 . of course stellarium helped .

i have glimpsed many deep sky objects with my 10x50 , around probably 20 and intending to see many more as winter sets in . i will share the things , i have glimpsed so far in another post .

with my 15x70 , i could see up to objects with visual magnitude 8 , though weather and condition were not so good due to monsoon . hope with ideal condition with no ambient light , i can see up to magnitude 9 through it . what's the range of the of celestron skymaster 15x70 in terms of magnitude ?

any looking forward to have a great starry journey with u guys . :laugh:

thanks guys . it should be fun for me once november comes . clear skies and yes comet ison . hopefully it puts up a good show , at least decent .

i have an advantage over my europe and american friends , cuz i can see southern celestial jewels like NGC 5139 lolz . do not u guys think southern sky is more exciting than northern ? just kidding :laugh:

Archived