Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Nagler 3-6mm Zoom

Pig

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any of you body beautifuls that have lovely long eyelashes thought of trying one of those eye-lash curling tools that the girls use sometimes. I once had a girlfiend that used one all the time, looked more like an instrument of torture to me.

Interesting point on the value of eyepieces and cars. Before I started work on the house the house and land was a thousand less than the LX 200, that tells you Meade is over-priced.

Alan.

Just had the zoom out in both my scopes. So fun cranking up the msg. Parfocal zoom is so damn fun. In my main scope it shows 276x to 550x. I just saw m13 and m57 at 550x and it was great :D

On a more serious note it shows full field even with eyecup up. No eye relief issues at night at all. Perfect Tv quality across the entire field. Even at 550x. World perfectly on my 150p showing a perfect range from 125x to 250x. Permanent edition to the box.

I have just awoken after a very late but brilliant stargazing session, I don't think I have ever seen so many stars out. :smiley:

I am so pleased with these TV eyepieces, they have totally transformed this hobby from amazing to outstandingly brilliant, the 17.3mm Delos is as good as the 3-6mm zoom in its own right.

I cant wait for tonight it is supposed to be clear again so I will be off over the dark sight :laugh:

I have just awoken after a very late but brilliant stargazing session, I don't think I have ever seen so many stars out. :smiley:

I am so pleased with these TV eyepieces, they have totally transformed this hobby from amazing to outstandingly brilliant, the 17.3mm Delos is as good as the 3-6mm zoom in its own right.

I cant wait for tonight it is supposed to be clear again so I will be off over the dark sight :laugh:

Thats great Shaun :smiley:

Another advocate of the Tele Vue brand and how good their products are then !

I don't know if it is me but the gap between being better than my other eyepieces seems to increase :smiley:

The better the seeing the bigger the gap, does that make sense ?

Under the best seeing conditions the differences in optical quality do show themselves a little more I've found. Conversely poor conditions can be a great equaliser and you wonder why you spent all that money when a £10 plossl seems to perform as well as your £300 Tele Vue :rolleyes2:

As John said another Televue fan joins the gang.

I got out last night for the first time in about two weeks and I was doing some work for the 24mm UWA and 26mm Nagler comparison which should have been finished and writen by now. I found the same as John stated, evening started when there wasn't much to said about differences, then the temperature dropped and condition got much better and all of a sudden they were not the same eyepieces, so to speak .

Just as a point of interest the temperature dropped 7 degrees in an hour. I was using the M/N with that big lump of glass at the front, I am sure that some of the things I was seeing was down to the scope being slow to equalise to conditions.

Alan.

LOL yes that is a good point but I am sure there will always be a difference and if the seeing is that bad then there is no real credibility in any comparison :smiley:

IE it doesn't matter what car you drive they are equally rubbish when driven on a river :grin:

Shaun,

Just looking at you little collection of eyepieces there. I would if you can get the 6mm Delos it is worth it, I intend getting another even though I have a few 6mm options.

When we talk about differences they are never that bold. Last night I was using M22 at a target and started with the UWA and was happy with it and rightly so, it's a fine eyepiece in it's own right. At the time I was happy the edges were sharp, until I put the Nagler in the same view, TV do go the extra few yards and I guess that's what we pay for.

Alan.

Hey Pig,how fast can you carry that Nagler zoom in the Mercedes?My "Vette" carries mine quite well.... :grin:

Im not sure about the zoom, but whilst driving to the dark site my scope becomes an F5 :grin:

Shaun,

Just looking at you little collection of eyepieces there. I would if you can get the 6mm Delos it is worth it, I intend getting another even though I have a few 6mm options.

When we talk about differences they are never that bold. Last night I was using M22 at a target and started with the UWA and was happy with it and rightly so, it's a fine eyepiece in it's own right. At the time I was happy the edges were sharp, until I put the Nagler in the same view, TV do go the extra few yards and I guess that's what we pay for.

Alan.

Alan,

I often think about getting the 6mm and I probably will at some point, for now my quest is to find something to fill my gap between 17.3 -- 34 mm :smiley:

The lower mag Naglers seem to be a tad on the heavy side the 24mm panoptic is only a third of the weight of the 26mm Nagler, I am sure excess weight has a negative result on the GoTo.

Does anyone know the weight of the 34mm 68 degree maxi ? I cant find the scales here.

Shaun,

I posted it some time back when you were buying one I believe. I think it was about 800 grams and not so far behind the 40mm SWA version. TBH I wouldn't think there is much in it between the 26mm Nagler and the SWA 34mm.

On the other point you raised about weight and goto performance, I have never had a problem myself, the only thing that seems to trouble them is low power from a pack. If you balance up well enough you should be fine.

Alan.

Archived