Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Nagler 3-6mm Zoom

Pig

Shaun,

I posted it some time back when you were buying one I believe. I think it was about 800 grams and not so far behind the 40mm SWA version. TBH I wouldn't think there is much in it between the 26mm Nagler and the SWA 34mm.

On the other point you raised about weight and goto performance, I have never had a problem myself, the only thing that seems to trouble them is low power from a pack. If you balance up well enough you should be fine.

Alan.

Alan they seem to be quite tricky to balance when on a fork mount, I simply adjust it so the weight is balanced like a see saw and apparently this is wrong !!!

The weight of the maxi is 650gms so not much difference as you said :smiley:

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh

Sorry I must have suffered after that knock on the head. I just checked and it states 810gr but this is the shipping weight, which I can't say I noticed before, this will include the bomb proof box that Meade shipped them in.

On the balance I think the SC is meant to be mirror heavy as mine still fall down at the back with nothing on the scope. I think they are fairly tolerant of weight issues myself with them having a short tube.

Going back to the eyepieces i don't think you can go wrong with a 24mm Panoptic, it really is an all time great. For all my eyepieces I believe I like the Panoptics the most, the 35mm is the one that gets most use, it to is a classic. Though I wouldn't mind your set of Delos's to add to mine. Lets face it they are all rather good.

Alan

Archived