Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Nagler 3-6mm Zoom

Pig

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shuan,

Believe it or not stepped awkward onto a brick on the ground and it just went one way an me the other. Banged my head too but no damage there but I need to rebuild the concrete drive. I have almost finished the observatory but am not fit enough to do the top part yet. Two more days I guess and I should be OK again.

Have not had a scope out for 10 days, ow I know what it like being in England.

Alan

my zoom just turned up at work :) sun is out so I'll give it a go on the sun at lunch! Been a very Green and Black couple of weeks!

I definitely remember a time you said you wouldn't get TV :p:evil: .

Hope you get on with it, and look forward to a first light report soon :).

Just had it out in the sun! parfocal zoom pretty much says it all! awesome. Going to have to trim my eye lashes.

Don't know if others find the same as me, but when solar observing I find eyerelief on an eyepiece seems a lot less than using it at night. I think it's because in daytime everyone's eye pupil is much smaller than when dark adapted, leading to the effect I've just described.

So the lesser eyerelief on the 3 - 6 zoom may be fine at night and you won't have to trim your eyelashes :smiley:

Each person may find differently of course, Ed.

For many glasses wearers 10mm is a bit too tight though.

Indeed, I can't see the full field with glasses. Thing is, I stopped wearing my glasses quite a while ago and found that the little astigmatism I may see with big exit pupils is made up by there not being any extra elements in the optical train. It certainly never helped that my glasses weren't clean.

Don't know if others find the same as me, but when solar observing I find eyerelief on an eyepiece seems a lot less than using it at night. I think it's because in daytime everyone's eye pupil is much smaller than when dark adapted, leading to the effect I've just described.

So the lesser eyerelief on the 3 - 6 zoom may be fine at night and you won't have to trim your eyelashes :smiley:

Each person may find differently of course, Ed.

I think you are correct Ed. I have the same problem when observing the Sun. I thought it was me!

Archived