Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Next session?..... and Hello!

Stu

Hi,

I've been toying with the idea of coming down for an observing session with the group and wondered when you might be meeting up next? It's only half an hour away for me, much closer than I thought so should be quite practical.

Cheers,

Stu

Hi Stu

Been very busy of late, and what with the short evenings haven't been about much, hopefully the longer nights will be with us soon.

As its a full moon tonight, I think I'll perhaps leave it a few days this week before looking at the sky. I would think next week would be a good time to start observing meets.

Hi

Thanks very much, sounds sensible!

I tend to be quite limited with available times so will probably only be able to attend occasionally but it would be good to come and meet up sometime soon.

I'll keep an eye out for announcements

Cheers

Stu

• 2 weeks later...

I've not been about this week as my dad has just had a knee operation and is unable to do much walking at the moment, so I've been "on call" as such, and unable to get out, sorry.

Tomorrow my van is going into the garage with possibly a new gearbox needed. It could be off the road for a week, maybe more :(

One day I may actually get to do some observing :rolleyes:

Hope some of you peeps can get together for some observing, hopefully see you all soon :)

I hope your dad has a speedy recovery Steve. My van is in for it's mot tomorrow, so today was spent replacing wheel bearings and welding :eek: Fingers crossed for the pair of us!!

I was hoping to suggest Saturday night, but it looks likely now that I will not be around due to beer, friends and the start of the rugby season :grin: Will keep an eye out for the weather forcast, maybe a short midweeker??

Are either of you off to Hurstmonceaux next weekend?

Sorry to hear that Steve

I've been wanting to go to that hermonceax place (I can't spell!) for ages but can't make this weekend unfortunately

Hope to catch up soon , busy at work lately so not easy to get out as much at moment

Been having some good evenings of late and some more to come. Go out! have a look before all the Sagittarius goodness bids farewell for another year. I was blitzing the Cygnus area last night, many new things seen; coffee only just kept me going this morning.

Cheers

PeterW

I had quite a good session just in the back garden, finished at 2.30am so a bit knackered at work this morning!

Transparency not brilliant but at least it was clear. Got beaten by dew in the end, my dew heater wasn't working but didn't notice til too late, never quite got caught up after that.

Still, nice views, picked up Neptune and Uranus, the latter being a first for me.

Stu

Typically, the decent run of clear nights and no moon have coincided with an absolutely must get done job at work :icon_sad: I have been too bushed by the time I have got in around 9 ish.

I am looking forward to this weekend at Hurstmonceaux, even though the forecast is not brilliant. The nights are getting longer and darker now, so look catch up with some of you soon.

Anyone in the Guildford area want to met up at the Albury cricket ground tonight or tomorrow night? Looks like it maybe that last we see of clear skies for a while.

Hi HOBSEY

Best bet is to actually use the Dark Outdoors or ASTRONOMY 4 EVERYONE SITES to ask about meetings at the Albury club sites, as I think that it has little to do with the Surrey Star Gazers group on here, or does it?

Archived