Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hello,

Took another ISS closeup last night!

First time I've used a barlow, thus quadrupled the shutter speed. Still a little underexposed but a little afraid to increase it much more.

The firefly is very noisy as you can see. I think I can improve on it though. Obviously the ISS settings-wise is trial and error so for a first try with a barlow I'm v.happy.

200p on heq5 with stock sw 2x barlow manually tracked. PGR firefly.

SINGLE frame from 10,000 :p

Going for it again tonight and every other clear night whilst its with us.

post-26081-0-07701300-1375390988_thumb.p

Dan

Thanks guys :grin: !

I forgot to add I haven't done much to the frame apart from cropping it. The background shows this haha :p

I suppose I could fill the background but I don't like to fiddle with it too much tbh.

Dan

Thanks Jake.

It obviously whizzes in and out of frame and all over the place.

I got quite a few frames on the sensor...the issue is how many are actually sharp. Very few.

As it travels across the frame it will have significant blur (my tracking) and then reach a point of sharpness if I'm lucky....before whizzing off again.

Hopefully I'll track with the 9x50 next time rather than the telrad and keep the ISS on the sensor for a few seconds. Rather than it just flying about.

Oh wow, that's very cool, such a beautiful shot :hello2:

I love ISS hunting, but so far only tried with my binoculars, so that is very inspiring to try with scope!

look forward to seeing more results!

Clear dark skies.

Archived