Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Mesu 200 with sitech ii controller

ncjunk

Thing is, you just do a small model, let it tell you the polar error, adjust and then run THE model. That's how I do it and I always end up withing half a minute of polar perfect. As the model building is automated you don't have to do a thing but sip your Champagne.

/per

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 6 months later...

Hi Guys,

Thanks to this Topic and Bernard at Modern Astronomy I upgraded to a Mesu 200 from a Avalon M-Uno, Chris I must say your input and information was a deciding factor so thanks very much.

The new mount is in place and am very impressed at the moment, just waiting for some clear nights (I know Uk/ Kent/ Winter and clear skies do not go together) to try it out.

One quick question before I engross myself in the manual again, has anyone done the Tick Determination in ServoConfig ? The manual seems to make this a high priority but the explanation on how to do it is a little vague. Happy to leave alone if the mount works well without doing it.

Thanks again for the input and posts, hopefully will not have to ask for help too much.

Cheers Steve 

Hi Steve,

The Tick Determination will have been already setup by Lucas. 

Don't forget to backup the Data from Controller before you alter anything. I didn't and had to do all the settings from scratch.

The Tick Determination is unique to each mount.

Nigel

Yep I will echo the above

I have not used mine much this last year due to the usual reasons ....time etc but mainly the bl**dy  skies. :mad:

BUT in the few times I have used it it has been bob on and trouble free ...I am set up and imaging in minutes :cool:

There was even a 'wanted' ad on astro ads recently for one ......I know I don't regret buying mine

Tom

Hi Nigel, Steve and Tom,

Thanks for the responses......

When I left the message yesterday I was in The observatory playing with the new shiny toy, Unknown to me one of the kids had unplugged the router from the power to plug in and charge an IPAD, when I didn't get a response I thought the thread here might be old and not checked (being very new to Forums) so I thought The manual must be right and jumped right in with the tick count process in ServoConfig........ Whoops.

After doing the process half a dozen times I though I had it nailed, saved the data to the controller and with a brief period of clear sky overhead decided to do an alignment, the mount was very confused, kept on saying the park position was below the horizon when in fact it was pointing at Polaris. 

I decided that I must have screwed up something in Servo Config so when back in and did a factory reset!!!!! Then realised what had happened to the internet connection, reconnected and got your replies.... Sick as a pig is an understatement.

I guess I have quite alot of work to do to get back to square one and would appreciate any help, guidance on the process I need to follow that anyone can give.

Apart from the above and the slightly confusing and very technical manuals very impressed with the mount, very Very quiet and extremely well made, just need to sort of the software to enjoy.

Lucky for me the forecast is rubbish for the next week or so,  so I have some spare time to sort out this problem.

Sorry to be a pain on my second post.

Steve

Hi Steve, 

Sorry we could not get to you in time.

You will need to do the Tick Determination again, this is a daytime job. I am not sure if you will need to do the motor tuning.

Have you join the Yahoo Groups for Mesu_Mount_200 and SiTechservo, There you will get more specific help for your mount.

Take a look in the files section of the Mesu group and you will find setting data from Steppenwolf, Helen Usher and Cosmoimager all are very helpful.

To get you somewhere near my Motor tick are approximately 7,950,400 and the Scope ticks are 10,000.

Hope this helps.

Nigel

Hi and welcome to SGL  :smiley:

I think I'd try contacting Mesu first to see if they kept a copy of the data/file for your mount first....  

On the reading, start with Steve's guide :wink:

Enjoy the mount

Helen

• 4 months later...

Hi Guys,

This is a very useful thread topic.

For anyone reading up using ASCOM and the requirements for 6.0 (and earlier) and changes with ASCOM 6.1 with reference to Microsoft. NET Framework version *.*  see attachment. Note that although I was asking a question relating to Windows XP and some ambiguity the detail also relates to general requirements for ASCOM 6.0 and 6.1 which readers may find useful.Windows XP with SP3 and Microsoft NET Framework 4.pdf

Archived