NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Hello everyone !

fil6914

Hi

I`ve been a member here for quite a while but never ever posted before, prefering to sit on the sidelines and try to pick things up a i go along :insects1:

ok a bit about me, my names Phil, im 47 :icon_jokercolor: and live near Middlesbrough ( up noorth). I`ve only recently got 'into' astronomy, the eclipse in March being the catalist, watching it through a crappy pair of binoculars whetted my appetite.

I now own a star travel 150mm f5 refractor and an 80mm f5 both older versions of the skywatcher brand labeled Helios. I`ve upgraded the rack and pinion focuser with an Antares crayford duel speed one and also bought a new 9x50 finderscope both now fitted to the bigger scope. Because I want to get into the imaging side i have a canon 350 dslr and a phillips spc900 webcam, also a number of meade 4000 EP`s. The mount is an EQ6 and for crimbo I have the skyscan goto upgrade winging its way from Steve at FLO thanks to my lovely wife :embarassed:

Im struggling along trying probably to learn too much too quick but I feel eventually things will click into place especially once we get a run of clear nights when a few local to me hope to get out somewhere dark for an observing session, thats when i`ll really start to learn.

anyhooo thats enough from me for now, thanks for taking the time to read and now get ready to answer all my tinpot questions !!

Phil

Archived