hello from Scunthorpe

st3v3

Iv always had an interest in astronomy since watching the sky at night as a kid . After buying a cheap second hand telescope two weeks ago iv decided to upgrade and bought an 8" dobsonian which arrived yesterday . It's like all my Christmas's have come at once it's a lot bigger than it looked on the pics , can't wait til my days off to try it out . Can't wait for my first views of Saturn , any advice would be welcome n thanks for this great site i might get all the help il need

Hello and welcome.

There are a few here from Scunthorpe and surrounding area.

We meet up at the North Lincs astro society (see link below)

Why not come along to the next meeting where you will get hands on advice from local astronomers.

Hello there and welcome to SGL.

I'd give you one tip for viewing Saturn - do it as soon as you can as its slowly getting harder and harder to observe as we move away from it.

But never fear, as in a couple of months time the monster Jupiter will start easily appearing again :)

Clear Skies!

Matt

Archived