Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Skywatcher EQ8 Mount pre-orders

We can confirm today we will receive enough Skywatcher EQ8 mounts from the first delivery to cover all existing pre-orders :icon_biggrin:

The first delivery is due September.

We are still accepting pre-orders but orders placed from here onwards will be fulfilled from the second delivery due October.

We really do appreciate that you have entrusted us with your EQ8 order. We are confident Skywatcher won't let us down and we know we won't let you down :icon_salut:

Steve

skywatcher_eq8_mount.jpgskywatcher_eq8_mount[1].jpg

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It won't only be me showing images after September :smiley:

It can be difficult to tell if a customer is or isn't an SGL member but I am confident at least three of the pre-orders here at FLO are from active SGL members. And probably some of the others too.

But I have to be sure EQMOD works,...

Currently I own CGEM, but soon wil be in the market for new mount that can handle 150mm refractor for AP, so EQ8 looks interesting.

My main software for mount and camera control is Maxim DL. Would I be missing something if not using EQMOD with EQ8?

When it lands is there going to be any adapter plates available? For example, my HEQ5 plate is pier mounted, would it be possible for a converter plate to be made? so that I dont need to try to get the HEQ5 plate off the pier?

October delivery would be alright for me. Might have saved up some money by then (probably not enough though). I shall have to do some careful thinking with all these goodies becoming available :D With the passing clouds that we seem too get so much, a mount that could do unguided subs of 5 or 10 minutes (or more) would be very nice. I lost a lot of potentially good subs in the early hours this morning purely due to guiding failure when some clouds came across. Once the clouds were gone, PHD was unable to relocate the guide star. The resulting star shapes were amusing but not very helpful! :D

When it lands is there going to be any adapter plates available? For example, my HEQ5 plate is pier mounted, would it be possible for a converter plate to be made? so that I dont need to try to get the HEQ5 plate off the pier?

That is something you need to discuss with your pier manufacturer/supplier Sara. Mount manufacturers don't normally offer pier adapter plates. If your pier is home-grown and you need a custom plate made try Wayne Weedon at Billet Parts. Wayne has made a few parts for us in the past, he's good.

Here are some measurements:

skywatcher_eq8_mount_pier_top.jpg

• 1 month later...

Hi Rob,

The boat is en-route and is scheduled to arrive here in the UK mid-September :smiley:

We received an update yesterday saying the Skywatcher EQ8 will not require a pallet. A complete EQ8 will be dispatched in four cartons: Mount head (GW 52 kg), Tripod/pier (GW 41.2 kg) and two counterweights (GW 10.3 kg each).

The first shipment of Skywatcher EQ8 mounts are all pre-sold. A second shipment is due mid-Oct.

HTH,

Steve

Fixed?! :wink:

We periodically check competitor's pricing to ensure we are competitive, so our price might change from time-to-time, but Skywatcher's UK RRP has not changed since it was announced.

Sometimes, in situations like this (where a dealer might not have ordered enough or ordered too late) we see some 'spoiler' prices from retailers who don't actually have stock. We tend not to pay attention to those.

HTH,

Steve

• 3 weeks later...

Archived