Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Big Dob purchase

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:grin:

What happened to waiting 'til Monday! :p

My work diary got stacked up today with loads of unavoidable meetings so I couldn't blag a day off to 'work from home' next week to get the arrival. So I just paid a bit more for a saturday delivery. Put the order in around lunch time and FLO already confirmed it's been shipped. Awesome.

They also sent out the Rigel Quickfinder today too!

welcome to the Dob mob :headbang:

this'll be my second dob and 3rd reflector. I should get a lifetime badge soon I reckon ;)

Excellent choice! I am very pleased with my diy 14", fantastic views. When side by side with my mates 16" Lightbridge, there really is nothing in it. I wondered about grinding a 16", but portability issues made me decide on the 14". You will not have to worry about should have gone 16".

Excited for you for tomorrow!!

Don't forget the pics!

Oddly enough toe forecast has cleared up for tonight instead with rain forecast for the next 6 days. Not going to look a gift horse in the mouth, I plan to get the 10" out and study the moon and saturn and any open clusters I can find :)

They're cracking little scopes mind :D

mdstuart brought one to one of the SGL starparties and it was great.

Isn't it the cutest looking thing ever :D I was actually seriously considering that little scope as a first scope, but in the end decided it was worth spending that little more and stretch my budget as much as I could have at the time, and bought the 130p instead. Still I'd like to have that at some stage to put on a table or something bring into the garden, it has irresistible looks :)

Archived