NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Saturn May 2nd Repro.

Cheers Simon & Alan! Just purchased a 3x tv barlow so will be interesting to see how it compares to the powermate. Also fitted a 6" USB laptop fan to the primary so now I can have a fan running during imaging for the first time. Fingers crossed the weather will improve before Saturn gets too small lol

Hi Stuart, I've just seen the images from those guys in Tahiti - jaw-droppingly good.

Having said that, I can only praise the UK-based imagers on their skill to produce more than acceptable results given our atrocious weather.

Bud

Cheers Simon & Alan! Just purchased a 3x tv barlow so will be interesting to see how it compares to the powermate. Also fitted a 6" USB laptop fan to the primary so now I can have a fan running during imaging for the first time. Fingers crossed the weather will improve before Saturn gets too small lol

Hi Stuart, I saw your post on cn regards tv barlow, I think youve made a wise choice, mine performs every bit as good as my powemate 2.5 x & also my bresser 3x telextender!

Thanks again fellas! Totally agree Bud the southern hemisphere guys are knocking out some breath taking Saturns that we can only dream about.

Cheers Simon I will probably sell my 5x powermate along with the DFK but only after testing the QHY cams properly on Jupiter later this year. :smiley:

That's a beauty, I haven't had much of a chance to get out lately with work & the weather so I'm praying for at least one clear weekend soon so I can go outside for a play.

Hi Stuart, I've just seen the images from those guys in Tahiti - jaw-droppingly good.

Having said that, I can only praise the UK-based imagers on their skill to produce more than acceptable results given our atrocious weather.

Bud

Wow! I hadn't seen that before but just googled and found it on CN - http://www.cloudynights.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/5870095/Main/5861119

Think its time to sell up, emigrate and setup a small observatory ;)

Archived