Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Regretfully sold...

I wonder who has my ED80 now...? <looks for "obsessive" smiley...>

I can't imagine many old scopes have fatal accidents or just disintegrate away...

Ant

sounds like your starting a quest, keep humming "blue jean blues" by ZZtop but swap jeans for scope lol

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LOL - yrs! Actually I do try to keep tabs on where my scops end up. I snet an email out to the buyer of my TV85 a few years after the event but never got a reply. I know where my ED100 is and what it's being used for, and I still have the contact details for the buyer of the TS 90/600 - but haven't emailed yet... <looks for "Scope-Stalker" smiley...>

;)

I seem to remember selling a 12.5mm BGO to a certain Mr Moonshane a while back. Probably wasn't my smartest move, needed the money at the time but at least it has a good home. Now replaced with a Hutech. Very nice ep but doesn't look anywhere near as good, what is it about black and green?

Stu

I bought a 150p, sold it for a 10" reflector and then went through an ST80 and an ST120 as my grab an go only to come right back to the same 150p again bought back from the person i sold it to only this time keeping it as my grab and go. its much better than i ever gave it credit for and ill never let it go again.

Those 150P OTA's are great performers. Had one of them too but I don't miss it so much as I found the "Newt on an EQ" thing a bit faffy. Great optics though!

Ant

i have just got a 150p ds, still waiting for first light, this will be my first reflector in 15 years

I've still got all of my astro gear, including the much maligned Skywatcher supplied 10mm eyepiece :) Makes for a crowded spare room but I once made the mistake of selling all of my electric guitars and I still regret that.

I once made the mistake of selling all of my electric guitars and I still regret that.

Let's not talk about guitars. Reminds me of the cherryburst 50's tribute studio Les Paul P90 I owned. And sold... :(

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

I have too many sold scopes regrets to mention, but here are a few...

• Prinz 440 bought new by my dad when I was 13 in 1971..first "proper" astro scope and great Towa optics (didn't know that then)7
  • Polarex Unitron 4" F15 folded refractor, bought as new "discontinued stock" in 1991 with a bequest from my late father...sold c 1994 when I had 3 young kids, a big mortgage and no money..the scope had all it's original parts, 5 eyepieces including a 2" 40mm and a rotating ep turret...have heard it would have fetched c £2500 in the USA now... :eek: :eek: :eek:
  • Tal 100R complete with Coffin crate and uber-short-focuser-but-magical-purple-objective
  • Several Tal 100RSs (another incoming soon though I hope!)
  • Tal 125R achromat..rare as hen's teeth in the UK and such a versatile 5" refractor - have a certificate signed in blood from the current owner that I will get first refusal if he is ever stupid enough to sell it :grin:

Oh, and talking of guitars, I once sold a really nice white Ibanez Les Paul in the late 70s and a blue speaker Vox AC30 for £60 ( you could add at least a nought to that today!)

Well, we live, but do we learn???

Nice thread Ant, as ever :laugh:

Dave

It's frightening isn't it!

As Rod Stewart once said, I wish that I knew what I know now, when I was younger... ;)

Congrats on the potential new 100Rs, Dave. If it's the one I'm thinking of, it looks a beaut! Need I say, "don't part with it"?

Ant

This thread is not helping me! I have too many scopes and need to sell a couple but now I feel like I must hang to them all just in case I do something I regret! Help!! :-)

Stu

One scope i will never part with.........yes you guessed it, my lovely TAL 100rs, if i had to sell most of my astro gear, i would keep this sweet 4" f10! it still surprises me most times i use it

The one scope I could never ever sell is my precious Tal 200K. f8.5 (rare in the UK)

Always amazes me every time I observe through it.

I'm also in the process of using it for imaging, just manufacturing a housing for a lens to bring

the fr down to a respectable f5.6. Hope it works.

Steve

I sold my first scope Celestron Powerseeker 80EQ, and bought a used TAL-1. I was blown away by the TAL-1, and soon carried away to go for a Skywatcher 200p. I don't regret parting with the PowerSeekr 80EQ even a bit, as it was OK, but the view was rather too dark and small.

TAL-1 is just joy to use with its rock solid mount and pin sharp optics.

The SW200p arrived today, and it was assembled in an hour - looks and feels a great scope. However, alas, the sky is full of cloud tonight.

Both TAL-1 and SW200p seem keepers. Next one I am saving for is a SW400p.

• 9 months later...

Not so much sold as lent. I lent my Prinz Astro 60mm varipower to my Dad and he doesn't know what he's done with it. Not the best of 'scopes I know but it was my first proper 'scope and has such has sentimental value.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

Archived