Hello from Copenhagen

jensbilgrav

Hi Fellow Astronomers,

My name is Jens Bilgrav, I'm an astronomy enthusiast living in permanently (or so it seems) cloudy Denmark.

I am currently going through all of the astronomy course modules that the Open University in the UK has to offer (have done S282 - Astronomy, S283 - Planetary Science and the Search for Life, SXR208 - Observing the Universe, and am presently doing S382 - Astrophysics).

Attending the SXR208 residential school at the OAM in Costitx, Spain, and also participating in the PIRATE project in connection with S382, has inspired me to try to set up an observatory in Sardinia, Italy.

Please forward the below link to the project site to anyone you may deem interested, and I will be eternally grateful:

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/optical-telescopes-in-sardinia/

Great perks are available, so please have a look :-)

I will be happy to answer any queries regarding the project either on this forum or on the project site itself. Also, if you are interested in OU astronomy courses, please shoot...

Kind regards,

Jens

Hi Jens, welcome to the forum, I think you get all the clouds when the UK has finshed with them, sorry about that. You seem to have your work cut out with the OU, but very interesting too.

Thank you all for your warm welcome :-)

I am doing some pretty pictures with the PIRATE telescope (17-inch reflector) at the OAM (Mallorca) the coming Saturday - if anyone is interested in any specific objects, I'll be happy to see if I can squeeze in some exposures...

Best regards,

Jens

Hi, I see you're in Cornwall - got some family in Falmouth, so I went for a visit a couple of summers back - the best part of the British isles in my humble opinion :-)

Hello Jens and welcome to SGL

Hi,

Yes, but couldn't you thin out the clouds a bit before sending them on :-) ?

The OU certainly is hard work at times - nominally the Astrophysics course requires 8 hours of your time each week - but dream on...I think I must have been spending about 20.

Jens

Hi Jens, welcome to the forum, I think you get all the clouds when the UK has finshed with them, sorry about that. You seem to have your work cut out with the OU, but very interesting too.

Archived