NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

M81 LHaRGB

Freddie

Sounds like your a perfectionist Freddie, I can see nothing at all wrong with that ( not that i know what i'm talking about LOL, I just like what i see). Great contrast and colour :smiley:

Thanks for the comments everyone.

Had a bit of a reprocess and have come up with this. It's getting there, the core is better but the Ha has got a bit lost and the background isn't right in this one. Third time lucky!! Will have to wait though as cutting the lawn has come to the top of the to do list.

gallery_7987_2089_519009.jpg

Love this M81 Freddie, the op image has real depth and clarity and wonderful fine detail in M81. The second re-process really brings the colour and enhances detail in M81, but I think stretches the background field a little too far (to my inexperienced eye), particularly the top left where there's a quite pronounced blue line/noise.

Thanks for all the comments.

I'm working on a reprocess to bring the Ha back. The top left corner is where I didn't have the cam aligned the same each session (it was more about setting up my OAG than imaging) so the RGB stack is off set a bit. I then messed up the crop in the top left but cut it from the other corners. As I say, third time lucky and at least gives me something to do with all these clouds around!!!

Thanks for all your comments. I managed to get three very different pics out of the same data. I think I need to get my processing a bit more consistent!!

Jake, I think next should be a giant fan to blow all these clouds away!!! Then a smaller galaxy maybe.

Archived