SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

The Bubble Nebula, NGC 7635 (SH162/Caldwell 11)

RobH

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rob, what reducer are you using to achieve f/5.3?

Adrian

It's actually F5.4 (my mistake) Adrian.

The scope is F8

It's the Astrophysics CCD67.....not too expensive either :smiley:

Cheers

Rob

Comparing to an AO image taken elsewhere on the net.. this is easily better. Outside professional images it's the best I've seen.

What mount do you have the scope on?

Derek

Comparing to an AO image taken elsewhere on the net..

What mount do you have the scope on?

Derek

An AP1200 Derek....what's an AO image? Sorry for being a bit thick!

Cheers

Rob

With your edge scope at F6.3, binning everything will work out great for you, and you'll be amazed at the speed of your system.

I've been shooting 30 minute narrowband subs on a recent target and the amount of data is quite frightening!

Whoa! No chance of me getting 30 minute subs with my skies! I usually restrict my subs to 5 minutes, maybe 10 for narrowband but I may try pushing that a bit in future...

AO = "active optics" or "adaptive optics" depending on who you ask (it's just high speed tip-tilt guiding).. I prefer to refer to it as active optics, it's more honest.

oh yes on binning: I frame my shots using 8x8 binning (1 minute 8x8 = 1 hour 1x1 in terms of sensitivity).. I'm still trying to work out if I can make use of the shots, integrating them with 2x2s and 1x1s to give mega sensitivity as well as decent resolution.

Derek

Thanks Derek, yes, I know about active optics, having watched MartinB struggle and curse at his a couple of times!!

I frame my shots at 6x6 binning. It would certainly be handy if one could use highly binned data somehow.

Star would be terrible at that scale of binning, being hugely undersampled, but maybe it could be used to capture larger areas of colour data quickly, which could then be layered with higher resolution data....just thinking out loud here!

Cheers

Rob

Beautiful Rob, love the Ha colour, and the target fits the frame perfectly. At your focal length and that pixel size binning seems like a no brainer. Well done an getting to grips with the scope's little "challenges". Yes, I've had plenty of those with AO!

Beautiful Rob, love the Ha colour, and the target fits the frame perfectly. At your focal length and that pixel size binning seems like a no brainer. Well done an getting to grips with the scope's little "challenges". Yes, I've had plenty of those with AO!

Thanks guys.......Martin, It's actually cropped down quite a bit from the original, but I think the bubble benefits from being a good size, rather than a tiny marble in a sea of Ha!

Cheers

Rob

Archived