Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Witches Curse

CELESCOPE

Blimey guys and gals ,what a night , this guiding certainly takes a while , the night started off rather bad ,banged head several times in the Dome, Curse curse!!, the set off for NGC6960 , only to find the scope stopped,NO POWER, restarted it several times , same thing happened, found out it was the power lead to the EQ, good job i had a spare , put that on and away we went, next problem focus , the weight of the Atik was drawing the ED80 focusing tube down. this took around 30 mins to sort , have to mod this some how ,

Anyway time marching on , so off we went to NGC 6950 witches broom, guide star found and away we go ,decided for 20 min subs,cant wait 30 mins lol . well guys nearly 7 hrs later , YEA tell me about it, darn planes friday night rush i think lol ,lost loads of subs , but ended up with 4 hrs 20 mins of subs that were ok, but have to say the sky was carp , stars were faint ,only seeing the very bright ones , so this image is not the best that could be achieved,

Ok 13x20 mins subs HA 6.NM FILTER ED80 Equinox imaging scope,guided with the C11,QHY5 GUIDE CAMERA, PHD GUIDING,.

Also befor going to bed done 2 subs of 10 mins on ole HH , look amazing , so look foward to doing LRGB on that one ,

Rog

2378_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Another of your DEEP long exposure images, and a nice result to show for it. Perhaps patience is the virtue, that they say it is. :D

Glad to here that your held to temper, and didn't start chucking stuff around in the obsy. Oh yes, hows the bump on the BTW. :(

Dave

Oh stop blathering on Rog!!!! :( That is a brilliant image and you must be well chuffed, I reckon that's one of your best. Good to see you going longer, it's really paid off even if you had to ditch a load of subs cos of an iffy sky. A nights worth of OIII and you will have something sensational.

Another Rog. special is that. The only complaint I have is, why are you trying to destroy your new dome with your head. would a hammer not be easier for you.? You need paid overtime for that marathon, if time equates to success, then you have another winner Rog.

Ron.

it would be Ant as they were planes whizzing through ehehhehe , lol i,m not moaning Martin , just i know from the previous night imaging in the same section of the sky the data coming through was far superior than on this occasion, thats what i meant by i know it could have been better , but i guess this is always going to be the case , we never get that 100% quality in the sky ,

Rog .

Cold and wet coming back from Centroid land , By jOVE ITS COLD UP THERE ,HEHEHEHE

Archived