Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

saturn with Skymax 102

Erquy

Thanks for all comments. Indeed, quite low, especially when you are in sweden. Above was taken when it was starting to go down at 5 am this morning, only 18-19 degrees and I had a neighbor street light almost in the way.

Hi

1st shot to saturn. Skymax 102, Canon ESO1100D, 2.5 barlow. Capture in Movrec *5, 30 fps. 2000 best of 3000 stack in registrax

post-27995-0-05020900-1363066159_thumb.j

Good shot!

And yes it was freezing cold, -10 C, I could not stand that long!

Yep, I regretted leaving for work this morning. Not as bad as yesterday though, the wind took my breath away

Hi !

I spent a bit time on processing:

http://stargazerslounge.com/gallery/image/17292-saturn/

a bit sharper (a lot of time spent on wavelet... after spending time on Jupiter, saturn requires really different wavelet settings, so like a new start!), aligning a bit RGB, contract/brightness. Sounds better to me. Thinking about the starting quality of single video frames,

I am amazed still to be able to see Cassini´s separation on the right/left (I think?!) and also the different color shades of the clouds layers (much better than from the 1 st processing) !

post-27995-0-52456600-1363268670_thumb.j

HI

Just wanted to share a snap shot of 1 frame of the video: as mentioned above, when I captured the avi, I was not expecting to be able to catch up much out of it, but it turned much better that I could have hoped for.

Regards

David

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the comments.

I reprocessed it and worked out the colors (in pipp, i used this time the option of stretching frames and rgb) looks more like normal

How does the capture programme work? What determines 30 fps, the camera or the capture program?

That is an amazing image given the kit. I mean its an amazing image compared to stuff i've seen with much much much better kit. You should be really proud.

How big is the movi file? Would it be possible to see it?

Great work.

James

Hi,

Yes I am really impressed by the result.

See http://sourceforge.n...cts/eos-movrec/ for the capture software. For the FPS, I set the canon EOS 1100d to its max possibility which is 30 fps (in caemra mode, although during this recording this is done as M mode, ISO400, speed 1/6), then this is the software/laptop hardware which dictates the real FPS and I have a good laptop under win 7 which seems to work to the max possibility (I see in Movrec during recording some little variation between 28 to 30 fps during the recording).

Movrec recordly directly in AVI. This is a 500 MB file in this case ! And after PIPP, this 2,4 GB (I strecth histogram RGB in order to get right color -otherwise it is yellowish/brownish as in previous posts).

I post below a snaphot of the original AVI file:

post-27995-0-04154500-1368301305_thumb.j

Archived