just saying hi

deanf1

Hi all.

Very new to all this and have taken a few weeks of research to choose my scope purchase. So many different options and plenty of choice. My 'wish list' had as many as 8 scopes at one point.

Have decided on a Nexstar 5se and should be delivered over next few days. Looking forward to some good viewing and learning the sky's.

I wanted something that would be easy and quick to set up. Hopefully that will mean it will get used.

Lucky enough to live in a village with reasonably low levels of light pollution, south facing garden with only fields beyond.

Other interests include photography and as per my profile picture, I like a little F1.

Hi Dean ,

Nice scope!

have a search for nexstar goto alignment while you're waiting for it to arrive . Loads of tips on here like remembering the date is in U.S. format, lat and long. In degrees and minutes ( not decimal) etc.

Good luck and welcome

Archived