SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Thoughts For The Day ?

L8-Nite

Was in Oxford last night sky was stunning when we came home but I managed 10 minutes outside with a coffee and counted 11 shooting stars. Would have been an hour lying on a lounger looking up if I'd been at home,quite beautiful it was none the less

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

no good to be sad about it Pete , life goes on I will bounce back after the holls

anyone going up the site over the holls ???

I was thinking of it last night, it was quite clear here. Unfortunately it clouded over and a bottle of 18yr old Glenmorangie persuaded me to stay in with it. :drunken_smilie:

I was thinking of it last night, it was quite clear here. Unfortunately it clouded over and a bottle of 18yr old Glenmorangie persuaded me to stay in with it. :drunken_smilie:

I drove up there yesterday as I was passing at dusk: it was very windy up there, plus 3/4 cloud cover. I think the whisky was the wise move.

• 1 month later...

Had a nice couple of hours observing after setting the scope up by our front door and chatting with several neighbours who stopped to have a peek at the Moon, and Mars which presented itself admirably. There were a few wispy clouds, which unfortunately lingered and blocked the chance to observe Neptune alongside Venus. :tongue:  Will brave the cold again when Jupiter is overhead later tonight. Got to say, tonight Is one of the few times I've really enjoyed observing from home.   :smiley:

I looked out our window at about 11.30 last night into my back garden thinking I had left on of the downstairs lights on- but no it was the moon glow - pretty eerie really was  a sort of blusih white glow on the frost on the lawn - gotta get a lot of things coming together to get a great night out observing and it doesn't happen that often to be sure.

• 1 month later...

Archived