Hello from far away

mareprah

Hi to all,

my first time on SGL, hopefully not the last. As my nickname suggests, my name is Mare and my surname is Prah (which means dust in english, maybe a stellar kind of dust, you never know:)). Dind't know how to begin with an introduction of myself, and hey, telling my name first is one way of doing it:)

I come from Slovenia, a small country caught in between of Italy, Austria, Hungary and Croatia (hopefully it's not a problem not being from the UK) Please excuse me for my english is not perfect, as I think your Slovene isn't either:P

Been looking trough SGL for quite a while now and I find it most helpfull for the beginers like myself.

I began with amateur astronomy a year ago, from that time on, a day has not passed when I wouldn't wanna look above. I am also a member of a few Slovenian forums, but ofcourse also always opened for new suggestions on other forums etc.

CS,

Mare

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Mare welcome to SGL, everyone is welcome to join SGL so feel free to invite any of your friends.

well only if they speak english or communication will be a night-Mare, sorry i just had to get that in somewhere

ill get my coat :grin:

@Siriusmeg:

Sure, i live far from the city by the woods, 500m above sea level, so the nights are pretty dark (still waiting for my friend to lend me his SQM). Only in the NW, 30km straight away is our capital city - not big though, it has as much citizens as a small UK village i guess:)

@JonDoe:

Damn, that was a good one, made my day:))) About my friends, I Doe-n't know about their english but I I'll invite them to Jon us anyway;) (didt work out the way i planed xD )

Archived