NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Hello and thank you!

Lemzo

After recently being given a starter scope (Astromaster 76EQ) for Xmas at the tender age of 37 I have read through hundreds of posts on this forum. I had found this information to be invaluable and a great help to get me started. I wanted to thank you all for the support you have unknowingly provided!

After a lot of research I ordered a couple of upgraded EPs and couldn't believe how the weather changed as soon as they arrived!

Last night was the first I was able to get out with the new kit and I spent 2.5 hours last night under a clear crisp sky trying to find my way around. (I've a copy of Turn Left At Orion on it's way to help with this).

I appreciate I'll propably quickly outgrow this scope and will be looking for advice on what to consider over the next 6 months but I wanted to say hello and I'm looking forward to many more nights viewing.

Hi Lemzo and welcome to SGL, It does not matter what scope you have it will start you on your way to understanding the night sky, if you have been reading the various posts you should have downloaded Stellarium, if not do so, it will help you navigate the night sky. Any questions just post in the relevant sections, enjoy your Astronomy :)

John.

Hi Lemzo and welcome to the forum. It's a shame about the weather in recent times but look on the bright side, it can only get better - can't it? :grin: Lots of experience and knowledge to help you with any future upgrades but all in good time and certainly doing the research first does pay off in the end.

Wishing you clearer skies soon and hope you enjoy the forum.

James

Hi Lemzo and welcome. :)

It is both human nature and astronomer's blight to want more very quickly - aperture, reach, size (cuz bigger must be better ?!)

It affects all of us ;)

Enjoy the scope as you will pick out some great things with it and if you have a dark sky site nearby, it will pick out even more for you. Enjoy the astro journey and good luck when you do finally upgrade. I bet it will be sooner than six months.

Clear skies :)

Archived