NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Hello from cloudy lostwithiel (cornwall)

starryeyedkay

Evening All, just wanted to say hi!

I went down to stargazing live at the eden project yest, unfortunatly its so cloudy here i didnt manage to get my scope out! Im a novice so hopefully you guys will be able to give me lots of info and advice. Look forward to chatting with you all :-D

Kayleigh

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hopefully the clouds will clear soon and we shall all be able to get out again! In the meantime, reading up on my way around a telescope. I managed to get a good clear look at the moon, but couldnt seem to focus on any stars, any tips or ideas what i was doing wrong?

Hi Kayleigh and welcome to the forum. Yes the weather has been a little bit tricky of late but hopefully things will clear soon so that you can get to work observing through that scope of yours. Always ask questions as there are plenty of people here to help you.

Clear skies for now and enjoy the forum

James

Hi Kayleigh, your a step ahead I me... I still haven't bought my first scope yet but I've spent a while looking through this forum for tips of which to buy :D

I've staying in lostwithiel before, stayed at Penrose BnB. Very nice place but haven't you just had quite severe floods?

Hi martin, yes we have just has more flooding, I

think people were much better prepared this time so wasnt so bad. I was unaffected thankfully. And yes, its a lovely place to live.

Springbok, hello.. where abouts in sw are you? :-)

Hello, to everyone else!

Archived