NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

The Sun 1 January 2013 white light

Bizibilder

Todays Sun in beautiful clear blue skies!! Hopefully an omen for the New Year. Stack of 64/128 with 24 flats. Evostar 120 Achromat, Canon 1100D 1/1250 sec ISO 100 Baader Solar film.

I took a set of images about an hour earlier than these and left the scope set-up. I'm glad I did as the earlier set were nowhere near as clear. Its surprising what a difference about 2.5° altitude makes.

1Jan2013JPEG.jpg

1Jan2013AnnotatedJPEG.jpg

1Jan2013LongLat.jpg

It is a beautiful clear sky today and great to see the sun so clearly - your full disk images are excellent and lots of nice sun spot activity. What a great start to the year.

High hopes for some night time observation this evening at least

Really nice Roger, i am still eagerly waiting to try this out as the Sun's position does not get int oview behind my house until late & then it's too low, don't really want to take the scope setup 'out & about' & i have no tank either.

Roger could i pester you for a bit of advice for when i get a crack at the spotted orange ? just some rough settings using either the DMK618 or my 600D, Baader Solar filter & C8 ?, i also have the Baader CCD LRGB set but i guess none of these get used ?

I love the Solar images posted on SGL as it's a fantastic dynamic target & you never know what wil show up like Melsky's 'The Tree and the Church'.

Please post some more shots Roger & info :-) & i will say it anyway, as i can see you already are, but have a Great New Year mate.

Cracking stuff, Roger. Your image is just how I saw the Sun this morning - albeit without that cool golden colour. I think we're in for some nice surprise tomorrow if the weather holds clear. Thank you for sharing your work with us. It really helps :icon_salut:

Archived