Another new member and telescope owner

DarrenG

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Darren. I got exactly the same for Christmas. I have been lucky enought to have seen the moon and Jupiter on Christmas night. Wait until you see these. They will blow you away; especially Jupiter and some extra things you will see...

Thanks all. Did manage to see the moon last night but too much cloud to do the 3-star alignment. Spent some time today adjusting the red dot finder so it was aligned properly, it was quite a way out. Have wanted a telescope since I was a kid, I'm now 46 so I've been very patient! Spent an age deciding which one I wanted to get. Now have to trey and get my head around the subject of eyepieces, plossi's, barlow's etc.

Welcome Darren,

Great place to start learning the arts and don't be afraid to ask the odd daft question - believe me I have and everyones still humouring me ;)

The destruction books are infamously bad, usually poorly written, often unnecessarily complicated and sometimes just plain wrong - if you get stuck there are plenty of owners here to get you on the right track.

Good luck and clear skies!

Archived