hello from north Sweden

lacrits58

Hello!

My name is Jan 42yo and co driver is Zack 8yo. After 20 years of inactivity we took a trip to local observatory-astro center http://www.umevatoriet.se/static/en/ and we found out that junior is quite interested in astronomy too, like I was in that age!

we dusted off my old reflektor with poor tripod....after nights out lookin att moon ( pretty all what we could see well) we decided to buy an better scope...!

Now in transit is an GSO with neq6, its probably been deliverd by santa! ;)

there is some oculars, T2 adapter and some filters in the package too!

Hopefully we get a bit "better" viewings with new scope that I had in that age 35 years ago! In future plan is to do visual with junior and getting into astrofoto myself! Time will tell how well it all went!

Good thing is that we have a great forum like this as "dictionary/wiki" and nice people to ask and getting answers from!

cheers for now

Jan and Zacharias

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Jan and Zacharias and welcome to the forum. Well that's a nice bit of kit that Santa is loading onto his sledge but just hope he can get that lot down your chimney!

Here's wishing you clear skies on its arrival and some successful stargazing.

Enjoy the forum

James

Hey Jan & Zak,

I like the look of your local astrocentre, but also worried about Santa getting down the chimney with that new scope and mount - possibly a 2 mince pie job!

Welcome to SGL and look forward to hearing how first light goes.

Clear Skies - Jake

Archived