NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Cone widefield.

ollypenrice

I've been going through old images and this one had been bugging me for ages. The original red layer was flawed so I reshot it a couple of months ago at the end of session and finally got to use it today. Problem solved. I've imaged this in both mono and OSC cameras and the strong magenta colour is what it gives me every time so I'm sticking with it.

Tak FSQ85, Ha 3 hours, RGB 75 mins each and L 3 hours.

Olly

Fullsize http://ollypenrice.smugmug.com/Other/Best-of-Les-Granges/22435624_WLMPTM#!i=2257065930&k=fcN97rs&lb=1&s=O

CONE%20WIDE%20HaLRGB%20web-XL.jpg

Great colour Olly,

Do you mean you prefer magenta to red?

Mark

No, it's not a mater of preference, it's just that most Cones appear more red than mine but time and again this is the colour I get so I've not altered it in order to conform. Actually I like it. This was what the OSC gave me in a 200L lens, for instance;

CONE%20TO%20ROSETTE%20OSC-L.jpg

When I added the Ha I bottled out went for the more conventional colour scheme!

CONE%20ROSETTE%20HARGB%20provisionalWEB-L.jpg

I got the same result Olly. My RGB frames came out Magenta-ish, and the Ha brings out the red. Remember our first Rosette? It came out purple and I was horrifed. So jiggy pokery on the Ha and it came back as the more conventional Red / pink colour.

T.

I got the same result Olly. My RGB frames came out Magenta-ish, and the Ha brings out the red. Remember our first Rosette? It came out purple and I was horrifed. So jiggy pokery on the Ha and it came back as the more conventional Red / pink colour.

T.

Yes indeed, I do remember that one and I wonder if HaRGB images should be more magenta than they usually appear. In fact I added a small amount of Ha to blue in this image in order to hold the balance of the RGB. (You can justify this on the grounds that H beta traces almost the same gasses as Ha but is blue in colour.)

I found a bit of data shot at native in the Baby Q which I used to tighten up the Cone region itself...

CONE%20HaLRGB%202FL-XL.jpg

Olly

Archived