Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Lagoon to B72. First strip of Milky Way Project

Tom OD

Hi All,

I finally got around to adding the the first section of RGB to the L frames. This is 60mins L with 90RGB taken with the Tak FSQ106N and 11meg Atik. Its still pretty low here in Spain, only getting to about 25 degrees. It should get a little easier if I can get to adding the frames up towards the Eagle. Thats the plan anyway. I've only done 2x2 mosaics before so this is new territory for me. I'm trying to make the Lum layer firsts, stitch them, then register all the RGB frames to the flattened Lum mosaic. So far so good, but we'll see what happens when the next strip is complete. I guess I'm hoping to go North rather than the mosiac project going South!. Attached is what I hope a full screen shot. Or try Flickr here http://www.flickr.com/photos/28192200@N02/8247606720/in/photostream

T.

post-4679-0-19877000-1354720852_thumb.jp

Nice work Tom,

Thought these summer constellations are already gone.

Mark

Thanks for the comments. Yes there are long gone, but I'm already planning ahead to the April early mornings and May nights to get back to finihsing this one. I'm doing a Winter project at the moment. No hope of finishing that one either this year though

Thanks Jamie,

Maybe I can finish it as a 5x5 this Summer. Thats a big maybe. Also the opening line should read 60mins L and 90RGB per frame. So 10hrs in total so far. I have the data for another frame on the next strip up, just haven't stitched it in yet.

T.

Archived