Proceed to checkout.......

At last I've order my first scope from FLO. After months of deliberation I've settled on an Explorer 150p on a Eq5 mount. Apologies to everyone as I understand a new scope purchase usually turns the weather ugly! Looking forward to my new hobby, the highs the lows, the tears, the tantrums etc...

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brentmeister - no worries as long as your new purchase cloud 'Cumulo New Scopus' stays up around Kidderminister ;) Seriously though I think you'll get some good observing (cold and clear) weather in before Christmas - and if that isn't the kiss of death for Astronomers nationwide you should be fine.

Enjoy the new scope - Jake

grats buddy!!! there is no looking back now!!!! :) you have got a lovely setup for your 1st scope i tell you!! wish i went with an EQ mount when i 1st got mine, are you going to be setting it up for xmas or as soon as it arrives looool :D

are you going to be mainly viewing or imaging by the way buddy? or dabble in a bit of both :)

Thanks everyone, packages have been dispatched and are now in the safe hands of Fed Ex...exited? Er, yes!!

Eventually I would like to get into the photography side but initially I just want to learn the skies and also get to grips with the scope. Seems a steep learning curve with allignment, collimation etc so will try and master the basics first. As for first targets....has to be Jupiter, weather permitting!

Archived