Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Jupiter 19/11/2012 200p Dob Spc900

eyepod

Seeing was great last night and the red spots were on show at midnight so managed to get quite a few avis. This is an image from the first batch i've processed

2400 frames with 750 stacked @ F24 using 2 barlows using AS2 and Reg6

regards

Jason

post-14595-0-82386800-1353333611_thumb.p

Wow! Who says you can't image with a Dob! Terrific result!

I'm interested that you only stacked just over a quarter of the frames. I normally just do the standard 80%.

Did you use Sharpcap to capture? If so could you possibly copy and paste in the camerasettings file? :-)

Wow! Who says you can't image with a Dob! Terrific result!

I'm interested that you only stacked just over a quarter of the frames. I normally just do the standard 80%.

Did you use Sharpcap to capture? If so could you possibly copy and paste in the camerasettings file? :-)

hi there, i find stacking between 700 and 900 from 2400 seems to be just right i have tried 1500 and 1800 but this makes the image blurry as your adding too many bad frames it depends on the seeing and how good the tracking is as well

Sharpcap Camera settings

Frame Rate (fps)=10.00

Colour Space / Compression=yuy2

Exposure=-5

Brightness=57

Contrast=32

Saturation=0

Gamma=0

ColorEnable=255

BacklightCompensation=0

Gain=47

regards