NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Someone burst my bubble!!

Keiran

Last night i went to my dark site with a few friends. I arrived early to set up, and started to image the Bubble (NGC7635). It wasnt long before i ran in to problems. Guiding didnt seem to want to work last night, then the mount played up. So that had to be turned off and re-aligned. Then the netbook turned itself off. Before i knew it, the netbook was flat, the clouds had rolled in and i was on my way home :(

I only managed to get 5 subs @ 601s ISO 1600. It is a very noisy image, but i thought i would post it up anyway. Hopefully i get another chance to image this before it is too late this year.

I used my WO GT81, Canon 500D quided with a QHY5 and ST80 combo. I am really amazed with what i managed to get with such a little amount of data. And i think it looks great in the widefield, i never realised there was so much in this area.

8173694580_267952017a_b.jpg

NGC7635-bubble by keiran_bernstein, on Flickr

Thanks for looking

Keiran

I know only too well about nights that just go wrong whatever you do! :( So I sympathise there. I can see that you must be very frustrated 'coz even with such little data you can see the Bubble and with more data that would be a great image. Very good try :)

Thanks for the comments all, I am a bit frustrated Gina, I could have managed probably5hr of imaging, and only got 50mins. I dont offen get chance to get out anymore, because of the house and work. But i was pleasently supprised with what i did get.

Keiran

Thanks Mark.

Guy thank you, I am really looking forward to having another go at this either during the week or next weekend. Its an unmodded 500D.

Crunchard, Thanks, i was luck not to have any mist normally that site can get it quite bad if the conditionds are right.... Hopefully you will have chance to get out there again soon

Keiran

Much the same for me last night - cloudy at first then the clouds went away (as forecast) and I set up for imaging, even got PHD calibrated and running. Then the clouds came back and that was the end of any imaging last night. The weather this year is really frustrating! :(

I'm impressed with that data and view regardless of problems. Very nice, well thought out image.

If you nudge everything down towards the bottom left just a touch then you'll get even more of SH2-157 in the frame. You even seem to have hints of the Oxygen in the lower " Claw ". Outstanding.

For an idea look here - http://www.starrywonders.com/sh2157.html

I won't show you mine :)

Dave.

Dave, thanks very much for the kind comments and advice, I didnt realise all of that was there either :)

Hey james thanks for the comment, ive just ordered a 12v lappy charger, so i shouldnt have trouble with the battery running out again :). So all i need is a clear sky this coming weekend, and for every thing to go right, and hopefully i can add to this.

Archived