Hi from North Devon

billybob

Hi second go for me had a bad experience with my first scope a few years ago and after two replacements took it back and got my money back, in he meantime i set up my own photography business and all my time and money !! went into that. Yesterday thanks to the very very helpful guys at First light optics (thanks guys) i purchased a 130p heritage and last night made all the classic mistakes viewing through the window from indoors rushing not knowing what i was looking at etc, but tonight did it properly, luckily where i live its very dark so scope outside to cool down for half an hour or so and red dot sight aligned, Jupiter was the target and found it pretty easily and was mightily impressed could make out the moons and detail on the planet quick look at the moon which was also impressive then the clouds came so back indoors for a beer. So far so good and look forward to learning and maybe even offering advise one day

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi, glad you got it sorted. You don't say where you are in North Devon?

If you are near Exmoor why not go along to Exmoor Stargazers, I think they have a Star Party at Wimbleball lake next week end

but I dont ahve any more details, have a look also at the Local groups section here on SGL, Richard Trenchard and Lucy are organising it.

You'll find everyone very helpful - I may even pop up to Wimbleball myself.

Welcome to SGL.

There are a few members out your way I believe.

Wasn't aware of anything happening at Wimbleball next weekend, but as it's not even ten miles from me I might have to go and have a look if I can find out anything more about it.

James

Archived