Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Good starter DSLR

mikey32shaw

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a used 1000D and I'm loving it.

It is in my opinion the best value for money DSLR. Mine is modified and I use it for imaging the cosmos through my C9.25. It is very sensitive, and they are not expensive.

I bought mine of Astr-By-Sell for around £200.

Here is an image of Messier 13.

post-3627-0-71459700-1352405512_thumb.jp

I think you'll only find a 1000D second hand or refurbed now... considering you can pick up a refurbished 1100D for ~200 quid now personally I'd be looking at that rather than paying the same for a 1000D these days. From what I've seen others are getting as good if not better results with it & it's a current model. Having said that, I have a 1000D that I modded myself ( pretty straight forward if you take your time in a clean environment) & it's been pretty good as long as you take enough darks. Certainly a major improvement on my previous experience with the horrendous amp glowing Nikon D80!! ( and I've been a Nikon fan since the early 70s!... bites tongue :shocked: )

Phew! I'm glad its not just me. Thought i was seeing things, £869.85 i could get a new car and a camera for that!!

I think they must have run out of stock and have jacked the price up temporarily until they get more.

James

Well on the basis of all the above I've just bought an 1100d so that should be my wife's christmas present sorted and of course I can always borrow it on occasion. :grin:

Now I just have to wait for it to turn up and have a surreptitious play with it to make sure it all works and will I need any extra bits that I hadn't accounted for.

I've been delighted with my 1100Ds and the US badged Rebel T3 is identical. I have 3 in use for DSO AP and a spare which also serves for testing :)

Note. I've just checked that the US ones are still available and something seems to have gone wrong with their listing on ebay - the price is listed as £869.85 rather than about £190 which it was recently :eek:

Archived