Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

45 hour collaboration.

ollypenrice

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is becoming seriously outstanding Olly. So much detail I can hardly take it all in.

I can almost see what appears to be another tiny galaxy but cannot reference it anywhere, so it may just be a trick of the light, so to speak. It's a just a wee bit north of Hip 3091. You have the original file, see what you think.

This is becoming seriously outstanding Olly. So much detail I can hardly take it all in.

I can almost see what appears to be another tiny galaxy but cannot reference it anywhere, so it may just be a trick of the light, so to speak. It's a just a wee bit north of Hip 3091. You have the original file, see what you think.

Ah yes, this is Penrice 1. :grin:*

I'm out for the count right now and going to bed for a change but, more seriously, I'll have a good look tomorrow.

Olly

* I know this because I accidentally created it in Photoshop...

One minor comment would be that it does look a little flat, with 45 hours of data and a little "Local Histogram Equalisation" would give it more of a 3D effect, a bit of depth?

I know that you need to be careful with this tool but I'm sure that you can manage to apply it.

Fair point, Neil, and one which Per and Dennis have made as well. Here's a bit more contrast in the central region and a bit more of a central inferno! Thanks for the critique.

Olly

M31-LES-TOM-OLLY-IAN-core-up-XL.jpg

That's it perfection! The dust lanes now are giving it that extra dimension! Looks like a warped record but much more beautiful.

You're right about the M31 'warped record' look. It's what I knew I wanted and hadn't got, but I hadn't seen the way to get it.

Olly

Archived