SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

45 hour collaboration.

ollypenrice

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have viewed this on three screens now, 2 of which are totally uncalibrated but my 3rd (calibrated to my personal taste) screen which is a 32 LG TV shows this image really sweet, its quiet heavily desaturated to increase sharpness while gaming and gives far more realistic life like colours (to my eyes). It is connected to my PC via HDMI which also changes the colours a touch from the other connection options.

The noticeable difference between the views for me is down to the added HA they look a touch too pink on the uncalibrated screens, but are a very nice deep rich red on the TV.

Im not sure on the warped core I think its an optical illusion caused by the way the dust lanes appear at this angle, getting that detail and still having a nice rugby ball shaped glow is where id like to see it I spent hours trying to get it with my OSC data, but lack the Skillz :)

I think your at the point where its down to screen specifics and taste.

Its a very close tie now between my other favourite M31 and this one.

Its a very close tie now between my other favourite M31 and this one.

:BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead: We're not done yet... One last try for the halo and a bit of TEC140 for the structured parts... It's such an iconic target that you have to give it the works.

Fabulous work as always Olly, to all concerned with adding data to this impressive image - hats off to you! I cannot think of a better Andromeda that I have seen from 'amateur' astronomers. Although I am reluctant to say amateur after that effort I think 'super-human',no 'epic' astronomers would be more befitting. As I mentioned in another post, the fact you can see fault it in it is mental!!!!!!!!

Kudos to everyone involved, a truly great image. And you've not finished yet? :)

No, the core can certainly give more at a larger aperture/focal length and we have no idea where Gendler got his outer halo from, but we don't think he invented it so we'd like a bit more for ourselves! One little secret weapon for the core might be some time on a BIG telescope...

Olly

BIG as in this one? :D

Ah, maybe not. However, the instrument I have in mind is not as much smaller than that as you might suppose...

It has to happen first, though. Failing that I could always speak sweetly to Yves since the 14 inch isn't too bad a scope, after all...

Olly

I can hit the core with the Rcos 10" at 1700mm with the 8300 camera

Not sure when as we still have no power after Hurricane Sandy

Les

Sounds like a tip top plan, Les. Very best of luck as regards the hurricane. We're all thinking about you. Hope it is sorted fairly soon.

Olly

Archived