Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

IC1805 with a £15 ebay SLR lens

MikeD

The plan for last night was to get some more data with the 10" newt for my Hart neb mosaic, but the combination of strong wind and the long newt made guiding impossible. :lol:

So I decided to give a 200mm SLR lens I got from Ebay for £15 ( including postage) a few months back a go.

Cloud got the better of me after just 4 x 10 min subs but I was pleasantly surprised with the result.

4 @ 10 Min's in HA with the HX916 and 200mm SLR lens + filter wheel, guided with my 80ED.

I think if i had been able to get 15 or so subs for this to increase the signal to noise ratio it would be a nice image.

Looking forward to having a go at M42 with this. :D

1476_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

£15 well spent. :D

Mike

Bern sold me an adapter for the Atik 16HR. Problem is, it is slightly too long so you can't get infinity focus with it. If you stick it in a lathe and trim it down it works fine though. I just need to get hold of some manual focus Nikon lenses to go with mine as the focus adjustment on the auto-focus ones is too coarse.

The other thing that I find useful is a M42 to T thread adapter (free with the Tal200K) that screws onto the M42 lens and into the Atik. You do need some spacers though, otherwise you can't focus it.

Kaptain Klevtsov

Hang on, just read that again.

Where was the filter wheel in the train?

I have the HX916 attached straight to the Filter wheel ( with the adaptor that came with the cam) and then the M42 SLR lens straight on to the "Astro engineering" filter wheel.

Mike.

post-13376-133877331851_thumb.jpg

Archived