Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Near Space Jump Today?

laser_jock99

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I read earlier that there will be a 20 second delay on the live coverage just in case something goes wrong

That seems like a good idea. Really wouldn't want to see someone die, not live and not recorded either for that matter. Watching it right now and hoping for the best.

Have to ask, how exactly do Red Bull have so much money to throw around? They have numerous racing teams; car, bike, boat, rally, air (McLaren fan here, yes, I dislike RBR), They back numerous drivers in various categories. Back almost every single extreme sport there is, including this. All from profits of that, foul tasting drink? I'm in the wrong career.

On topic, just may watch this, think it's completely crazy, but worth watching.

a friend of mine "nish" was trying to organize beating joe kitcheners record years ago (joe`s record has stood since 1961 and he only had about 50 jumps when he did it) but never managed to pull it off..he was ex sas and part of the bravo 2 zero team...nice chap jumped with him a fair bit but he wasn`t into freeflying, so spent more time at the dz bar in his company rather than the plane ....he wrote a good book called freefall thats well worth a read....think it was under the sudamin tom reed if i remember.

Personally I doubt it will happen... the wind speed is showing 10mph, on Tuesday it was less than 1mph and they abandoned due to the gusts

gusts are worse well deffinatly for the skydiving, not had much experience with balloons although we did have one at the drop zone i used to jump at (not that i got to jump it) but the balloon they are using is a bit bigger

Archived