Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

16" dob price?

estwing

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thanks Mike..now thats a truss Dob!!...like most people i'm leaning towards lightbridge/skywatcher...but i do like the look of the one you've orded from Teleskope service, but second-hand is really my only option

£1500 will buy you a new Hubble 16" , not sure if its my cuppa tea and it has mixed reviews on CN but just thought I'd throw it in as another option? :)

You forgot to add 25% for the import tax, VAT, delivery ... It will cost around £2k when it arrives in UK, in which case you might well get a 16" Canopus with GSO mirrors from Sumerian Optics in Netherlands for £2.1k.

A used Lightbridge 16 is good value for money, especially a new one now cost £1.9k

You forgot to add 25% for the import tax, VAT, delivery ... It will cost around £2k when it arrives in UK, in which case you might well get a 16" Canopus with GSO mirrors from Sumerian Optics in Netherlands for £2.1k.

Quite right.

If you are going to get a 16" Canopus with GSO optics you may aswell upgrade the secondary to OOUK and get a Hi Lux coating on the primary.............oh wait......thats what I've done!! Should be here in 4 weeks!! :icon_bounce::grin:

Quite right.

If you are going to get a 16" Canopus with GSO optics you may aswell upgrade the secondary to OOUK and get a Hi Lux coating on the primary.............oh wait......thats what I've done!! Should be here in 4 weeks!! :icon_bounce::grin:

Congratulation. I will be looking forward to hear your first light and user reviews. Those Sumerian dobs are work of art.

This is a very interesting thread. I bought a second hand 16" OO 1/10 wave dob in January, and am considering either selling it, or taking the mirrors out and putting it in a Sumerian Canopus. Mike73, I hope you keep us updated on your new scope when it arrives!

Mike73, I hope you keep us updated on your new scope when it arrives!

Sure will, its looking like it will be finished the middle of next month maybe a week earlier then theres shipping time and customs clearance to get through but as soon as there are any developments I'II post something up. :)

• 4 weeks later...

Place a Wanted add on AB&S and see if you can tempt someone......

Shane I've just done some quick sums and you got yourself a hell of a scope for what I think you paid!! :eek:

I placed an ad a few months back looking for a 20" plus dob ,Telescope House offered me a 34" unfinished project lol

Yeah it will be up for grabs if OP decides against it. Still got to take some photos, which may need to wait until Saturday. Might be in the classifieds here if i have enough posts, otherwise it will be on AB&S.

I've been struggling with my interest in astronomy for a while, and also have bought a new car that could do with being paid off a bit. So I'm going to stick with my Canon IS binos and sell the scope. I'll keep my Pentax XWs in case I go back to telescopes.

Archived