Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

That awkward moment when...

FarSide

Have you ever had that awkward moment when you have saved up for two months to get yourself another bit of kit, but at the same time you half promised your partner a swanky weekend away and she cashes in? Yeah? Well that happened to me tonight; i just spent most of my savings on a three night holiday in Edinburgh at The Scotsman. Goodbye Mesu Mount, hello for another 2 months wait! Someone tell me i did the right thing...

You know, sometimes we forget what it is that is 'really' important to us in life, we forget just how lucky we are to have somewhere to live, how lucky we are to have food, and how lucky we are to friends and/or family around us in some way or other. Not everyone/everything in this world has any of those things, and sometimes we need a kick up the bum to remind us of that, which rest assured life will certainly give you at some point in life! .. especially as you get older.

Yes it's nice to be able to buy the 'toys' you'd you like to have etc from time to time, we all like that, but don't forget to also remind and ask yourself - at the end of day, what is it that 'really' matters in life to you?

Don't you agree, eh?

Yes it's nice to be able to buy the 'toys' you'd you like to have etc from time to time, we all like that, but don't forget to also remind and ask yourself - at the end of day, what is it that 'really' matters in life to you?

Clear skies, and if I thought it might help the wife, kids, cats and maybe even my Koi Troutwould be traded for some guarantees :grin:

In the long term what is more important. The love and companionship of a partner or a big and shiny toy that can be bought later.

You can stand the big shiny toy in the corner and it doesn't complain, you don't have to fight with it to watch the telly, they don't tend to decide things that you have to do, and a Mesu Mount holds the scope a lot more stable when you are observing, and doesn't complain about being stood outside in the cold while doing so. :eek: :eek:

Got to think in practical terms. :grin: :grin: :grin:

No, we'll be eating elsewhere, thankfully! :D. And, Cath, you are absolutely right; it is the right thing to do. She needs treating now and then. After all she does put up with me doing this is the first place. Very good advice.

Oh my, why can I not mention my fish without the swear filter calling them Koi Trout - who on earth has Koi Trout!!

hehe I mentioned that species of fish a while ago and got a load of old 'trout' so at least theres one person on here which actually knows what you meant! :grin:

In the long term what is more important. The love and companionship of a partner or a big and shiny toy that can be bought later. AND by the time you go to buy it something bigger and shinier may have come along.

You surprised me. I thought you would say the answer was the 'big and shiny toy' :grin:

Archived