NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

looking good here tonight

faulksy

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very thick cloud here now. I think sat24 must have the land in the wrong places or something.

James

I'm with you James! Sat24 has clear skies here right now... and yet I have thick cloud. Grrrr.

You may have some heavy showers coming your way James but its clear as a bell as soon as that band of cloud goes over. :)

Let's hope they turn up soon then. Still thick cloud, but it has a serious turn of speed on it.

James

Gave up... the breaks in the cloud weren't really long enough to do anything and while BBC weather says it will be clear at 2am I thought it was time to cut my losses...

Course as I was packing up it improved a bit...

Now you may think I'm crazy but: my camera was showing an ambient of 15 degrees C but I could swear something very much like snow was falling at one point tonight... ho hum...

Think thursday night is looking good here although it may be breezy, tonight I was tempted but I fear those of us in the north west will be greeted with clouds and rain by midnight :(

Looking at BBC weather for Oldham, looks like I have some clear skies tonight. I won't hold my breath though.

Looking at BBC weather for Oldham, looks like I have some clear skies tonight. I won't hold my breath though.

Yep, hope it's true sunshine, could be one of the best nights we have had for a while, certainly going to be an all nighter, clear from 8pm, High pressure, low ish humidity, Very good visability, the wind doesn't look to be a problem, but we will see.

Looking promising tonight, the breeze from the North should bring us some clean air. It will at least give me a chance to test the new (and hopefully low/non flex) method of attaching my finderguider (bolted mini-dovetail directly to vixen dovetail to cut out the findershoe).

Looking promising tonight, the breeze from the North should bring us some clean air. It will at least give me a chance to test the new (and hopefully low/non flex) method of attaching my finderguider (bolted mini-dovetail directly to vixen dovetail to cut out the findershoe).

Yes I can live with the moon - actually an advantage when shaking down a change to the set-up or using new gear... but the cloud and rain...

I have no idea why people find the moon a problem. I adore the moon, and observe it when the conditions are right and i know that everything else is drowned out. I think the moon should be loved just as much as any other body or DSO out there.

That's fair enough. I'm a great lover of the moon even though i photograpth DSO as well quite extensively. I can sit out there and observe the moon for a very long time, but i guess each has their own interests at heart.

It's all looking spot on for tonight, apart from the moon, although given the option of cloud or full moon I would always take the Moon :)

Tonight is first light for some narrowband work, no idea if it's going to work but I'm quietly confident I will no doubt pop the webcam in for some close up Moon too.

With only one imaging session in 3 months and a day off tomorrow I'm not going to bed until the sun comes up, roarrrrrr !!!!

Keith

Archived